Only 4 days until the Summer Institute!
Be sure to check out ACCISnet.org, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @ACCISSummerInst for the latest about the Summer Institute.
Only 4 days until the Summer Institute! The planning team, led by Chris Pluta, has info to help you prepare for the SI. We're looking forward to seeing you soon.
If you are flying:
- For those of you flying to Philadelphia, you have the choice of either taking the train or a taxi (roughly $60) to Bryn Mawr College’s campus. More information can be found at: http://www.brynmawr.edu/campus/directions.shtml
- If you choose to take the train from the Philadelphia airport, head towards Center City Philadelphia, and transfer at 30th Street Station to the Paoli/Thorndale/Malvern/Bryn Mawr line. Get off the train at the Bryn Mawr stop. The walk from the Bryn Mawr train station to campus is less than ten minutes.
- The Airport line runs every half hour, and the Paoli/Thorndale trains run once an hour on Sunday. To check train times, use the “Trip Planner” at: http://septa.org/service/rail/
- Check-in will be from Noon to 4 pm on Sunday, June 17, at Bryn Mawr College in the McBride Gateway, Pembroke Arch. There will be signs posted directing you to the registration area. For those driving to campus, parking permits will be available at registration.
- Optional campus tours are available at 2 pm, 3 pm, and 4 pm on Sunday, June 17, leaving from the McBride Gateway, Pembroke Arch. The tours are highly recommended.
- The opening reception starts at 6 pm in the Cloisters, Thomas Great Hall.
- Dress for the conference is summer casual.
- All attendees will be housed in air-conditioned, single rooms on Bryn Mawr’s campus, unless you requested a suite. Be sure to pack soap, shampoo, conditioner and any other toiletries you will need. Sheets, towels, a pillow, and a blanket will be provided.
- All attendees will have access to the Bern Schwartz Fitness and Athletic Center, Monday through Wednesday, from 7am until 7pm.
- Dinner on Tuesday night will be off campus at your own expense. Reservations have been made for small groups including an admission officer from an area university to dine at different restaurants in Bryn Mawr and Center City Philadelphia. You will be given the opportunity to sign-up for a restaurant during the conference.
- The 2012 ACCIS Summer Institute ends at 1 pm on Wednesday, June 20. Boxed lunches will be available at that time.
Follow the ACCIS Summer Institute 2012 on Twitter! @ACCISSummerInst (#ACCISSummerInst).