As of September, 2011
ACCIS Executive Director
Eric Monheim, Director of College Counseling, Sidwell Friends School
ACCIS Administrative Assistants
ACCIS Board of Trustees
Chair: Rhody Davis, Director of College Counseling, Viewpoint School
- Tamar Adegbile, Upper School Dean, Harvard Westlake School
- Carl Ahlgren, Director of College Counseling, The Gilman School
- Nancy Beane, Director of College Counseling, Westminster Schools
- Erica Bever, Project Analyst, Office of Institutional Research, Harvard University
- Dr. Gordon D. Chavis, Jr. Associate Vice President, University of Central Florida
- Thomas J. Espenshade, Professor Sociology and Faculty Associate in the Office of Population Research, Princeton University
- Sam Moss III, Dean of College Guidance, Darlington School
- Jenny Rickard, Dean of Enrollment Management, University of Puget Sound
- Renee Wruck Bischoff, Associate Director of College Counseling, Hawken School
ACCIS Executive Cabinet
The ACCIS Executive Committee consists of the Committee Chairs, the Vice Chair of the Executive Committee, and two At-Large Members.
• Vice Chair of the Executive Committee: Darnell Haywood, Director of College Counseling, Columbus Academy
• At-Large Members: Mark Moody, Co-Director of College Counseling, Colorado Academy and Myra Simpson, Director of College Counseling, Ranney School
The Communication Committee oversees content development of major association publications in print and electronic media. The committee provides a professional voice for the College Counselors in the regional, national, and global dialogue through conference presentations, journal articles, and -- for the Executive Director as the spokesperson for the Association -- media responses. The committee develops appropriate means of communication with Association members and develop and manage communication using all available technology. This committee reports to the Executive Committee.
Marie Bigham, Director of College Counseling, Greenhill School
The Finance Committee advises the Executive Committee on budgetary policy and issues, revenue generation, and membership dues and fees. This committee recommends an annual budget to the Board of Directors, assures quality of annual audits, and monitors the implementation and enforcement of investment strategies approved by the Board of Directors. This committee reports to the Executive Committee and then to the Budget and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
Thad Robey, Director of College Counseling, Thayer Academy
Founder Schools Committee
Only college counselors of Founder Schools in good standing may be members of this Committee. The Founder Schools Committee is responsible for developing strategic and business plans for the Association and oversight of the implementation of those plans once approved by the Board of Directors. This committee oversees the ARC initiative. The committee reports to the Committees and then to the Board of Directors.
Gavin Bradley, Director of College Counseling, Pace Academy
The Internal Review committee evaluates and reviews governing documents and related policies and recommends amendments and improvements, including running elections and voting among the membership when the approval of more than a majority of the persons entitled to vote is required. The committee makes recommendations to the Nomination Committee of the Board of Directors for vacancies in the office of the Executive Director and for nominations for the chairs of the Standing Committees.
Emmi Harward, Director of College Counseling, The Bishop's School
The Organizational Advancement Committee creates marketing strategies to support and advance the work of college counselors, their schools, and the profession. Strategies include encouraging association membership and developing relationships with professional associations, foundations, corporations, colleges and universities, and individuals.
Carol Wasden, Director of College Counseling, The Hockaday School
The Program Committee coordinates any programs sponsored or to be considered for sponsorship by the Association, including the Summer Institute, Summer Colloquia, the Training and Support Program, college tours, and regional gatherings.
Jenny Byers, Director of College Counseling, The Harpeth Hall School
- College Tour Coordinator: Mark Moody, Co-Director of College Counseling at Colorado Academ
- Community Outreach Committee Co-Chairs: Matt Mettille, Associate Director of College Counseling at Georgetown Day School, and Courtney Skerritt, Associate Director of College Counseling at The Hockaday School
- Training and Support Committee Chair: Tracy Stockard, Director of College Counseling at Gilmour Academy
- Summer Institute 2013 Co-Directors: Jill Apple, Associate Director of College Counseling at St. Paul Academy and Summit School, and Mary Hill, Director of College Counseling at St. Paul Academy and Summit School
- Post-Institute College Tour Director: Jill Apple, Associate Director of College Counseling at St. Paul Academy and Summit School
- Cleveland Summer 2013 Colloquium Co-Chairs: Renee Bischoff, Associate Director of College Counseling at Hawken School, and Jenny Rifken Fisher, Director of College Counseling at University School
The Research Committee oversees and coordinates all research and education initiatives, conducts surveys to collect data about national and international issues in education, analyzes trends, disseminates conclusions, and functions as a clearinghouse for related information. This committee also oversees the maintenance of the document library on the website.
Steve Frappier, Director of College Counseling, Ransom Everglades School
|ACCIS Bylaws as of June 2012.pdf||57.13 KB|